The garage door is the primary part of the house that is seen and noticed by “would-be” visitors and as such it should readily complement the overall aesthetic beauty of the house. It should be properly constructed if you want to impress your visitors. Its design should be standardized and should be well-thought of so that it will smoothly open and close as you drive your car in and out of the garage. Likewise, it should be made of impressive materials to make sure that it will readily amplify and enhance the appearance of your house. There are various materials for a garage door and it would do you well to figure out which among these materials is the most appropriate to constitute the panels of your garage door.
Materials for Garage
The different types of materials for a garage door have their own advantages and disadvantages, and it would be good to know the pros and cons of every material so that you can make the right choice of material for your garage.
1. The usual material used for the panels of a garage door is the steel. The steel is the most popularly used material for garage door because of the following reasons: first, steel door is popular for its price. It is not cheap but it is very affordable. It is also very durable due to the characteristic of steel as strong and resilient. Moreover, it does not require a lot of maintenance. There are also various designs and styles available for steel garage doors. Likewise, steel can be readily painted and repainted to complement your design and style. You can also have it painted to make the texture of the panels look like wood. Another factor which makes steel garage doors ideal for your garage is that it affords you many options regarding the thickness of the door. You can either opt for low-cost garage doors which have thinner panels or midlevel doors which have thicker panels. You would seldom need a garage door springs help because the steel panels are lighter and would rarely need repair and maintenance.
2. Another type of material which is used for garage door is the wood composite. Composite doors are basically made of recycled wood fibers. The wood garage door can be as durable and strong as the steel, while sporting the appearance and texture of a wood. Moreover, this type of door is highly resistant to splitting and rotting.
3. Another material used in making garage door is the aluminum. Aluminum garage door manifests similarity with that of steel and it can last long. It is lighter in texture and weight and is very cheap as compared to steel and wood. Yet, it is susceptible of denting.
4. The wood is another material that is popularly used for garage doors. Wood garage doors come in various designs and can be easily painted. Wood likewise is ideal for insulating your door against the changing temperature of the outside. Moreover, it sports better quality and appearance, and is good enough for its aesthetic characteristics.
5. Lastly, another material for garage door panel is the fiberglass. This material is not popularly used, yet there are some homeowners who are making use of it now. It is ideal for garage and homes that are located in the scenic areas near the sea.